What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is an ability that you already have. It is built into how your brain works. It helps you focus. It gives you the potential to notice difficult thoughts and feelings without being overwhelmed by them. It helps you control your mind and behaviour. It can help you be authentic and find more equanimity and joy in your life.
- You can improve your mindfulness ability through training and practice.
- Mindfulness training changes how your brain works.
- Research shows that there are many benefits to learning and practicing mindfulness.
- When you learn and practice mindfulness you get better at neutralizing upsetting feelings, staying focused, and controlling your reactions and unwanted behaviours.
- Mindfulness skills will help you to be happier and more productive.
What are my options for Mindfulness at your Clinic?
- You can learn mindfulness skills in group classes and workshops.
- You can see a mindful psychotherapist who can include mindfulness techniques in your therapy.
- If you do not want to focus on mindfulness we still can match you up with an effective therapist.
- Our therapists are well trained in the best types of modern psychotherapy including cognitive behaviour therapy, relationship problems, EMDR and other approaches.